We just wanted to give you an update on the final design of our interface revamp. Thanks to your feedback we were able to tweak and optimize the design which we presented in a previous blog entry. We are very pleased with the current draft and see a lot of advantages compared to our current game interface. To recall the goals of the interface revamp:
- Optimizing the interface for our minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 px
- Reorganizing elements in a more logical and intuitive manner
- Improved integration of the latest features, i.e. inventory, heroes, quests
- Visually improved design of the interface
Without too much blah-blah, let’s have a look at our final design:
Compared to the last blogpost about the interface, these are the major changes:
- The left-hand main menu changed, so it now contains a caption and is also much more in line with the visual style of the remaining interface.
- Notifications will be less annoying as you will have one larger notification icon. Only the latest notifications will be shown next to it for several seconds. Clicking the notification icon will bring up a brand new notification window, which displays a detailed list about all notifications, including a time stamp for when that notification had been received.
- Buttons around the minimap have been reordered and changed in functionality to allow for a more intuitive usage.
- Since the game works in three layers as soon as we have the full-screen town overview, you will be able to easily switch between these layers with the top-left buttons (town, island, strategic map).
- Gold has moved over to the advisors, as the advisors and gold belong to one another. Also, gold didn’t quite fit to the other resources, as gold is not town specific.
- 7-day login reward will be completely removed, thus you will not see it in this design.
The implementation will start soon. Thanks again for having designed with us the new look of Grepolis. Stay tuned!