All right guys, still have some work to do on the feedback you provided but this is the most updated version of the new Domination endgame.
With these changes we should tackle the following raised concerns:
- Foundation tactics
- Vacation mode
Starting conditions [Unchanged]:
The start of the domination era will take place on a fixed date relative to the world start. This means domination starts a fixed amount of days after the world has started.
This date is based on 2 factors, World speed, and the world config.
- There are three options for the world config: Slow, Regular, Fast.
- Slow = 5 months
- Regular = 4 months
- Fast = 3 months
- The world config selection is then multiplied by the World Speed factor, these factors are related to each world speed.
- Speed 1 factor = 2
- Speed 2 factor = 1.5
- Speed 3 factor = 1.25
- Speed 4 factor = 1
- This means a Regular Speed 3 world would have the domination era start after 5 months.
- Final values will be based on analyses.
If an alliance has the total domination value before the start of the domination era, the value is adjusted with the top alliance current value of domination +10%. This adjustment only happens prior to the start of the era.
Once the Domination era starts, new registrations are no longer allowed.
To win a Domination world, an Alliance has to reach and hold the Domination value for a determined amount of time.
Base dominance value is 50%.
- This is just a base value, we are STILL waiting for numbers to find out the best starting value
- Still waiting for more information to potentially integrate the Alliance cap (max players per alliance) into the domination objective value definition.
Dominance is calculated by the total valid city count of one alliance divided by the total valid city count in the valid domination area.
- Ghost towns are excluded from the total count.
- Ongoing sieges count towards the besieged player city count until the siege is finished successfully by the besieging player.
Valid area and cities [This limits Foundation Tactics]:
Before domination era starts, the system calculates the valid area for domination cities. This area is based on the most populated oceans at that time.
Only cities on valid big islands and inside the valid area are counted towards the Domination value.
- Small islands are invalid for Domination.
Valid islands will be marked and easily recognizable on the map.
This does not completely forbid foundations, but it limits the amount of space available for foundations. Therefore preventing Alliances from winning the world just by founding cities, but at the same time allowing players to found cities for other potential reasons (strategical, personal, etc).
An alliance must hold the domination of the world for 14 days without dropping below the current domination value.
- Vacation mode: Vacation mode will have no effect for the alliance holding the win condition, all cities are attackable even if they are in vacation mode (if started before the holding time). Players are still allowed to enter vacation mode but the cities will still be attackable while the alliance holds the domination. Players will receive a prompt to confirm that they understand about vacation having no effect during the holding period. As soon as the holding time is broken, vacation mode is allowed again. This can still be useful if the Alliance is going in and out of domination and the player is unavailable.
- [This prevents the dominating alliance to win just by starting vacation mode collaboratively]
When one alliance has won the world, peace is activated, and the world closing countdown starts.
- Countdown lasts 14 days.
During the countdown there will be peace, this time is destined for players to finish pending affairs.
Domination value decrease [Unchanged]:
The domination value starts to decrease at a fixed date of the world, just like the start of the domination era.
- The base domination value decreases by half of the difference between the top alliance current dominance and the objective. This happens every 14 days until the difference is less or equal to 2%.
- Top 1 Alliance holds 40% domination when the world hits the decrease date.
- ([Current Domination Value] – [Top Alliance Domination Value]) / 2
- (50% – 40%) / 2 = 5%
- New Domination value = 45%
The domination value decrease date is also based on the World speed factor and World config.
The base values for Domination value decrease are:
- Slow = 10 months
- Regular = 8 months
- Fast = 6 months
This means a Regular Speed 3 world would have the domination value decrease start after 10 months (8 months * 1.25).
Final values will be based on analyses.
Winners of this type of endgame will get an award for dominating the world.
Anyone with this award will have an extra 50 favor permanently. (I am still considering an alternative reward)
- This reward is cumulative with the WW award reward, making it possible to have a total of 600 favor, but not more.
Players will also get a new “domination crown”.
- We are still evaluating how this is going to work in combination with the World Wonder crown.
Domination Powers [Unchanged]:
When an alliance reaches certain % of domination powers are unlocked and activated for as long as they hold that %.
- 5% – 5% favor production
- 10% – 5% extra battle points generated
- 20% – 5% defense to all battles
- 30% – 5% attack to all battles
- 40% – 10% to all of the above (10% total, not +10%)
This topic is still in discussion as we will check how this affects the rest of the Domination endgame. That said, I would love to hear your opinion about this, as well as the concept as a whole.
We are still working the details of having World wonders present in this game mode. There is a chance that this part will get dropped.
World wonders are not a win condition for this game mode, they are present to increase tactical possibilities. Building the wonders in a Domination world just add the effects to the alliance improving its chances to win.
Since this is something that can really change the strategies of alliances, we are considering having this as an optional setting of the world. So players could vote on having the WW in the domination world or not.
IF they are present, there will be changes in resource costs, and effects.
Players are able to build world wonders from the start, just following the basic requirements to build them. With this, there would be a more tactical variation to the strategies created by alliances.
Effects from the wonders may be changed for more tactical impact, this is pending technical investigation.
Resource costs and build duration should be reduced to reflect a shorter game mode, this is pending technical investigation.
(Under technical investigation) New Wonder Effects:
The idea is to have the effects work for each level of the Wonder, but have a greater effect for level 10 (since only one alliance can hold a level 10 wonder).
Costs and building durations are also reduced based on World speed, Alliance limit, and an Extra Domination factor.
Here are the possible new effects for level 10, I will disclose the lower levels once we find out if it will be possible to have them. Described values are still open for changes.
- Great Pyramid Of Giza: +5000 in the warehouse
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon: +40% resource production
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia: +25% favor production to all gods
- The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus: +10% population in all cities
- The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus: Mythical units cost 15% less resources
- The Colossus of Rhodes: Generate 15% more battle points
- The Lighthouse at Alexandria: +30% movement speed to ships
- THESE EFFECTS ARE ONLY FOR DOMINATION WORLDS! World wonder worlds keep the original effects.
There is also a possibility of an extra power to the Alliance that holds all Wonders at level 10. I have not yet considered what that will be or the impacts, so it is not certain.
New general battle points behavior [This makes it harder for players to get City Slots by self-bashing]:
This new behavior will be rolled out across all game worlds, once confirmed.
Attacking units you own
- Attacking/Defending owned units generates 0 battle points.
- Spells included
Attacking alliance/pact members
- Attacking/Defending alliance member units generates 20% of the total battle points.
- Spells included.
There will be several awards for domination achievements. Not only the winner of the world will be awarded, but smaller Domination awards will be given for holding domination over specific oceans, and reaching certain domination thresholds. There will also be specific world wonder awards for domination worlds, including Domination versions of the regular World Wonder awards. Final details on this will come soon.
Pending points requiring further investigation:
- Alliance limit influence in relation to Dominance objective.
- Battle point generation difference between Attackers and Defenders creating disadvantage towards attacking.