After 7 long years (one for each World Wonder :)) we are finally working on a new endgame – in close collaboration with the Player Council, and drawing inspiration from Tribal Wars our “ancestor in spirit”. We finally bring you Domination, a fast and battle focused endgame as so many of you have asked for so long.
Before getting into the inner working of this new endgame I would like to say a few things:
- All values presented here are still completely open for alterations, we are also waiting on a few analyses to determine the best initial values for some of these.
- The following descriptions are also still open for changes and iterations, as we are aiming to have an endgame that can be fun for most of our community.
Let us get to it.
- In this mode alliances battle to have control of the majority of player controlled cities.
- When an alliance controls 50% (this number may be a world configuration setting, but we are still waiting for analyses), of the total player controlled cities AND holds that control for a period of 14 days, it means they are the victors of the world.
The start of the domination era will take place on a fixed date relative to the world start. This means domination starts a fixed amount of days after the world has started.
This date is based on 2 factors, World speed, and the world config.
- There are three options for the world config: Slow, Regular, Fast.
- Slow = 5 months
- Regular = 4 months
- Fast = 3 months
- The world config selection is then multiplied by the World Speed factor, these factors are related to each world speed.
- Speed 1 factor = 2
- Speed 2 factor = 1.5
- Speed 3 factor = 1.25
- Speed 4 factor = 1
- This means a Regular Speed 3 world would have the domination era start after 5 months.
- Final values will be based on analyses.
If an alliance has the total domination value before the start of the domination era, the value is adjusted with the top alliance current value of domination +10%. This adjustment only happens prior to the start of the era.
Once the Domination era starts, new registrations are no longer allowed.
Dominance is calculated by the total city count of one alliance divided by the total city count in the world.
- Ghost towns are excluded from the total count.
- Ongoing sieges still count towards the besieged player city count. It remains within the owning alliance until conquered.
- Base domination value is 50%.
An alliance must hold the domination of the world for 14 days without dropping below the current domination value.
When one alliance has won the world, peace is activated, and the world closing countdown starts.
- Countdown lasts 14 days.
During the countdown there will be peace, this time is destined for players to finish pending affairs.
Domination value decrease
The domination value starts to decrease at a fixed date of the world, just like the start of the domination era.
- The base domination value decreases by half of the difference between the top alliance current dominance and the objective. This happens every 14 days until the difference is less or equal to 2%.
- Top 1 Alliance holds 40% domination when the world hits the decrease date.
- ([Current Domination Value] – [Top Alliance Domination Value]) / 2
- (50% – 40%) / 2 = 5%
- New Domination value = 45%
The domination value decrease date is also based on the World speed factor and World config.
The base values for Domination value decrease are:
- Slow = 10 months
- Regular = 8 months
- Fast = 6 months
This means a Regular Speed 3 world would have the domination value decrease start after 10 months (8 months * 1.25).
Final values will be based on analyses.
Winners of this type of endgame will get an award for dominating the world.
Anyone with this award will have an extra 50 favor permanently.
- This reward is cumulative with the WW award reward, making it possible to have a total of 600 favor, but not more.
Players will also get a new “domination crown”.
- We are still evaluating how this is going to work in combination with the World Wonder crown.
We are still working the details of having World wonders present in this game mode. There is a chance that this part will get dropped.
World wonders are not a win condition for this game mode, they are present to increase tactical possibilities. Building the wonders in a Domination world just add the effects to the alliance improving its chances to win.
Since this is something that can really change the strategies of alliances, we are considering having this as an optional setting of the world. So players could vote on having the WW in the domination world or not.
IF they are present, there will be changes in resource costs, and effects.
Players are able to build world wonders from the start, just following the basic requirements to build them. With this, there would be a more tactical variation to the strategies created by alliances.
Effects from the wonders may be changed for more tactical impact, this is pending technical investigation.
Resource costs and build duration should be reduced to reflect a shorter game mode, this is pending technical investigation.
When an alliance reaches certain % of domination powers are unlocked and activated for as long as they hold that %.
- 5% – 5% favor production
- 10% – 5% extra battle points generated
- 20% – 5% defense to all battles
- 30% – 5% attack to all battles
- 40% – 10% to all of the above
This topic is still in discussion as we will check how this affects the rest of the Domination endgame. That said, I would love to hear your opinion about this, as well as the concept as a whole.